My heart belongs to two specialties: travel and health/medical topics. Just some of the wonderful highlights I've experienced while on assignment have included:
- Taking time out to wander through palatial gardens, finally seeing Klimt's original "The Kiss" painting, and exploring Freud's House while in Vienna, Austria to cover the European Congress of Neuropsychopharmacology Annual Meeting
- Rocketing along the tracks of a brand new rollercoaster at Universal Studios Orlando next to the ride's designer as he explains why our seats are the best for experiencing the upcoming first-of-its-kind noninverted loop
- Feeling incredibly inspired while interviewing Sam Donaldson and Scott Hamilton about their cancer survivorship stories
- Live tweeting as fast as I could type while in the audience as former President Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn talked about their frustrations over the still not completely implemented Mental Health Parity Act
- Chasing after the incredibly energetic and always friendly Samantha Brown from the Travel Channel for a fun "walk and talk" interview
- "Renting friends" for my birthday by taking a night tour of New Orleans' French Quarter (including the best dinner I've ever had at the iconic Tujagues Restaurant and ending with powdery goodness at Café Du Monde).
- Being asked to swim with dolphins, review a region's most thrilling water slides, explore the intricacies of today's amazingly complicated mini-golf courses, recommend the best locales for fun and food to NASCAR fans in town for the Daytona 500, and snap quality pics of theme park rides, national monuments, and even my dog packing for a trip!
Overall, I feel blessed for getting to do what I love most - writing about the fun, exhilarating, serious, sometimes silly and sometimes life-changing moments that come along. I don't plan on ever retiring!
June 2010 - PresentContract Medical Writer
Medscape Medical News,
Department of Psychiatry & Mental Health
January 2007 - Present
Freelance Journalist/Producer, specializing in health and
Clients have included WebMD, Medscape Conference News, Orlando Attractions Magazine, Southern Hospitality Traveler, Doctor's Guide, The Oncology Nurse, Mobile Travel Guides, The Journal of Multidisciplinary Cancer Care, Dothen Healthcare Group, and Orlando Regional Medical Center.Prior to 2007
Award-Winning Writer/Producer of TV and radio commercials, infomercials, newspaper ads, business videos, brochures, website copy, conference productions (where I've also stage managed), training manuals, and online course demonstrations.
Clients included Yum! Brands (Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, KFC, A&W, and Long John Silver's), National Education Training Group, Ryan International Airlines, Cox Communications, Multimedia Cablevision, Boston University, Nemours Children's Hospital, XOS Technologies, United Way of the Plains, the Carleton Sheets Foundation, and the Amateur Athletic Union.